FESTIVAL POLICIES & FAQ's
1. Gates will open at 5:00 pm nightly. For safety reasons, no chairs will be allowed in until 5:00 pm and all bags will be searched.
2. Wristbands will be scanned upon entry and exit. Failure to scan out could prevent your return into the festival.
3. Riverbend has designated smoking areas, please refrain from smoking unless you are in one of the seven areas designated for smokers.
4. Performances are rain or shine.
5. Shirt and shoes are required.
6. Artists and events are subject to change due to circumstances beyond the control of the festival. There are no refunds regardless of cancellation of events.
7. Picnic supplies, coolers, outside food and beverages, refillable containers and glass bottles are prohibited.
8. Recording of artists? Performances are prohibited by terms of contracts, therefore, camcorders and audio equipment are not allowed.
9. Cameras are permitted but may be restricted in some areas.
10. Pets, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, laser pointers or weapons of any kind are not allowed at the Riverbend Festival.
11. All lawn chairs, blankets, tarpaulins, etc. must be removed each night. RIverbend Festival will not be responsible for personal items left on site.
12. Alcoholic Beverage Policies:
Age verification wristbands are required for all alcoholic beverage purchases and consumption.
Wristbands are available at all token and beer locations.
Anyone violating Riverbend regulations, public law or assisting others to do so will be removed from the festival
A valid drivers license verifying 21 years of age or older must be shown when acquiring your wristband.
We reserve the right to randomly check identification at anytime.
All alcohol sales will cease 15 minutes before the final show is scheduled to end. All other concessions will close when the last show is over.
Q: When do the entry gates open?
A: Gates open at 5 PM every night of the festival. No chairs will be allowed on site prior to gates opening.
Q: Where are the gates located?
A: The Main Gate is located at the corner of Chestnut and Aquarium way. Other gates include: The Hunter Museum Gate located near the Hunter Museum at the top of the stairs leading down to Riverfront Parkway, The Riverside Drive Gate located on Lookout and Aquarium Way, The Walnut Street Bridge Gate located under the South end of the Walnut Street Bridge and the Marina Gate located on Riverfront Parkway West of the Olgiati Bridge.
Q: Are there any shuttles to the festival?
A: The Riverbend Ride shuttle will be available for $1 per ride from 6PM-12:15AM every night of the festival. Parking is available at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. The shuttle will drop off patrons at the Marine entrance of the festival on Riverfront Parkway.
Q: Can I boat to the festival?
A: Boaters can enter the festival through the Walnut Street Pier Gate, but admission must be purchased in advance.
Q: What is the alcoholic beverage policy?
A: Refer to the "Policies" section of the website.
Q: Can I bring a blanket for seating?
A: Yes, bring a blanket and stretch out on the lawn in front of the Coca Cola Stage for only $10 a person (per night) with your Riverbend admission. Wristbands for blanket seating are available at the Main Gate located at Chestnut and Aquarium Way and at the entrance to the Blanket Seating area.
Q: Is the festival handicapped accessible?
A: Accessible parking is provided at the parking lot in front of the Tennessee Aquarium adjacent to the Main Gate on Chestnut and Aquarium Way. Viewing areas are reserved at ground level at each stage and restroom facilities for the handicapped are available at each First Aid location.
Q: Where are the ATM locations?
A: ATMs can be found throughout the festival grounds. ATMs are also located inside the Main Gate and other festival locations.
Q: What are festival tokens?
A: Festival tokens can be purchased at .$50 cents each and are used for all food and beverage purchases. Token Centers are also located throughout the festival where they are sold at face value. They are good for all days of the festivals and are non-refundable. Tokens can be used for next year's festival.
Q: Where do I park?
A: Refer to the "Parking" section of the website.
Q: What do I do if I have lost my child?
A: The "Lost Parents Tent" is located at the Main Gate at Aquarium Way and Chestnut Street.
Q: Is there a family zone?
A: Yes, the family zone is a smoke and alcohol free area located on Riverfront Parkway behind the Aquarium.
Q: Are there volunteers for the festival?
A: Yes, there are more than 1,400 volunteers at Riverbend that will gladly assist you with any questions you should have at the festival. Look for their special EVENT STAFF t-shirts and official ID badges. Refer to the Volunteer tab on the home page if you wish to become a volunteer.
Q: Is there first aid?
A: First AID services are provided by Hamilton County Emergency Services and located throughout the festival site.